A.E. LePage established his real estate company ‘A.E. LePage – The Bungalow Specialist’ on July 2, 1913.
In 1920, A.E. LePage assisted in founding the Toronto Real Estate Board with an eye to establishing codes of ethical practice for the industry.
Following A.E. LePage’s retirement in 1953 the company, under new ownership, assembled 800 hectares of farmland, creating North America’s first planned development, in the town of Don Mills in Ontario.
In 1964 the company offers a new service to help companies across Canada with employee relocations. (The service now operates under Brookfield Global Relocation Services.)
In 1960 The A.E. LePage company plays a pivotal role in the land assembly and office leasing of the Toronto-Dominion Centre, the largest project of its time within the British Commonwealth.
In 1970, A.E. LePage rapidly expands its residential business through more than 140 acquisitions across Canada.
1974 The Survey of Canadian House Prices, later known as the Royal LePage House Price Survey, is launched.
A.E. LePage and Royal Trust merge in 1984 creating the country’s leading diversified real estate services organization. The new company is named Royal LePage.
Royal LePage became a publicly-traded company in 1987, trading on the Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal stock exchanges.
Starting in 1994 Royal LePage offers a franchise system
Royal LePage launched www.royallepage.ca in 1995, Canada’s first national Real Estate portal.
In 1998 the Royal LePage Shelter Foundation launched, creating the only corporately-branded charity within the Canadian real estate industry.
Royal LePage Franchise Services Fund listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) in 2003.
Royal LePage re-launched its Commercial division in April 2012 as Royal LePage Commercial and added www.royallepagecommercial.com to its online websites.